Sunday, October 6, 2013

Luccerfly

 Luccerfly
  This was a fun one to make, it's a butterfly based off of how I write my name French name 'Luc', it started normally, then a I started writing a second 'c' backwards and hooked into the first one, then I started stylizing it with straight lines until it started to look like this butterflies' wings, which gave me the inspiration to make this. To start I went through with the line tool and made an outline of what I wanted the final product to look like, but with singular lines. Then, I used the pen tool to make the stylized swooping to make the shapes more interesting than just straight, even lines. After that was done, I used my dad's CTE-430 Graphite to make the brush strokes across the butterfly's body and colored it in various ways before exporting it to another document with four different art boards for four different color patterns (seen above).

No comments:

Post a Comment